PORTFOLIO
Ann and Richard Barshinger Center In Hensel Hall
Originally built as a cruciform, multi-use hall of 880 seats in 1924, the Hensel Hall interior has been completely re-configured into an intimate recital hall of 501 seats. It now serves as a performance venue for the music department and as an assembly space for film and college events.

A large stage and balcony were added and the ceiling was replaced with an acoustically transparent ceiling that permits coupling of the attic and auditorium volumes for improved reverberation. Attic draperies allow for adjustment of the reverberation, depending on the performance.

The lighting is energy efficient, and features custom chandeliers to provide historic character. Both the stage and house lighting are controlled by centralized dimmers. The pre-set controls hold snapshots of both the house and stage so simple performances can be run with the touch of a button.