PORTFOLIO
Richardson Auditorium in Alexander Hall
Considered one of Princeton University's most colorful and historic buildings, this monumental 1892 Romanesque structure, built as a convocation hall, was renovated into an 800-seat theatre.

Acoustic improvements and historic integrity were both high priority goals during the renovation. An acoustic reflector was added, as well as rigging to store the reflector against the ceiling when not in use. This gave the audience full view of a magnificent rose window.

Additional rigging pipes were added to hang a drop to provide a neutral background. The stage was enlarged, and a new lift was added to permit modest opera performances. The stage lighting system not only provided down lighting for the orchestra, but allowed for outlets distributed throughout the hall so that full theatrical lighing can be realized.